Respecting the six golden rules remains central to controlling the pandemic. As a reminder, the six golden rules are as follows:
- Hygiene measures remain essential;
- Outdoor activities should be prioritised wherever possible. Where necessary, rooms must be adequately ventilated;
- Additional precautions must be taken for people belonging to a high-risk group.
- Social distancing of 1.5 meters continues to apply, except for people living under the same roof or between people who have close contact on a regular basis, for children mixing up to the age of 12 years and between counsellors and their clients (people in need of counselling). People who are unable to respect social distancing must wear a face mask;
- It is necessary for everyone to limit their close contacts as much as possible. “Closer contact” implies contact which lasts longer than 15 minutes, without respecting social distancing and without wearing a face mask. During this phase of the epidemic, it is recommended that each person limits themselves to close contact with 1 person (outside the household).
- Gatherings are limited to a maximum of 4 people (excluding children under 12 years of age). Not including exceptions stipulated in the Ministerial Order.
These six golden rules are instructions and not recommendations. They must therefore be adhered to by everyone.
More info about the Coronavirus on the Federal Public Service (FPS) Health, Food Chain Safety and Environment website