Extracts of criminal record
Population Service – Desk nr. 4 – Tel : 02/773.05.42
The extracts of criminal record can be delivered only to the concerned person. In case of disease, infirmity or absence of the applicant, his written authorization is essential so that a third can withdraw the certificate (warrant and copy of identity card mandatory).
In following cases, the extract of the criminal record can only be obtained at Central Service for Criminal Records:
- if the document is to be used abroad;
- if the person(s) involved reside abroad or in case they do not have an official residency in Belgium (anymore);
- if the document is requested by individuals who are in possession of a special identity card issued by the Protocol of the FPS Foreign Affairs;
- if the document is requested by a legal entity (enterprise, non-profit associations …)
The Central Service for Criminal Records is located at Boulevard de Waterloo 80, 1000 Brussels. Open Mon – Fri from 9 till 11.30 am and 2 till 3.30 pm.
There are 3 different types of extracts of the criminal record. Which type you need depends on the purpose of the request.
- Model as meant in article 595 Code Instruction Criminelle: for activities of which the conditions for access or exercise are not regulated;
- Model as meant in in article 596, first paragraph Code Instruction Criminelle: for activities of which the conditions for access or exercise are regulated (e.g. permission to hunt, possession of arms …)
- Model as meant in article 596, second paragraph Code Instruction Criminelle: to get access to activities in fields of child protection, education, psycho-medical assistance, youth assistance, animation or assistance of minors.
What to bring: identity card
Delivery time: 3 working days